Thursday 3 September 2015

Kitchens Direct NI - New Web Site

When we decided at Kitchens Direct NI to invest in a New Website, it sounded like a wonderful idea.

The New Site would be sleek, minimalist and easy to use and navigate around.

This would be our showcase for all the Kitchen Ranges we can Design and Install for our customers anywhere in Northern Ireland.

We met and decided to work with i3 Digital to build a Wordpress Website with full CMS control to enable us to add new Kitchens, remove discontinued styles and keep our customers up to date with trends, innovations and tips.

It was only when I sat down to prepare a basic flow chart document showing the Pages and sub pages we would need that I discovered I had reached 98 pages within minutes. This was not going to be easy, but it will be worth it.

At this point I thought I would share my experience on what I had to do to get the Website we wanted.  This is Part One - 3rd September 2015 The realisation of just what I have let myself in for!

Having established just how many pages I needed to showcase just the essentials in our Website, I took the most extensive part of the website to work on first - Our 168 Kitchen 

Styles/Combinations.
I had to categorise each Kitchen into:
Style - Traditional, Modern and Contemporary
Finish - Gloss, Matt, Painted, Wood Grain
Material - Solid Wood, Foil, PVC, 
Type - Shaker, Flat Panel, Handle Less, Raised Panel, 5 Piece

Then I had to go back through each and identify those with combinations, for example a Door Type that could be Wood Grain (Natural Oak) or Painted (Ivory) and add all these into our categories.  

My next step is to go back through them again and list all the colours available for each of our Kitchens.

Then I will have to get all the images and put them into separate folders for i3 Digital.

I can even imagine starting on Handles, Worktops, Appliances, Sinks & Taps and Gadgets. Never Mind all our Bedroom and Bathroom Ranges.

Wonder how I can get an extra 10 hours a day!

In the meantime please visit our current website www.kitchensdirectni.com 




No comments:

Post a Comment